I came up with this recipe when Dr. Titus Chiu was on a ketogenic diet and we needed foods that were gluten-free/dairy-free (for me) AND low-carb/hi-fat (for him).
Dr. Natasha’s Savory Breakfast Biscuit
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 1 or 15 minutes, depending on method
Servings: 2, though can be doubled
- 1 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Golden Flaxseed Meal
- 1 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour
- 1 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Aluminum-Free Baking Powder
- 1 Pinch Himalayan Sea Salt
- 2 tsp. Sustainably Sourced Palm Oil and/or Coconut Oil Shortening
- 2 Large Pastured Eggs
- In a dry bowl, mix together golden flaxseed meal, coconut flour, baking powder and sea salt. (If using whole flaxseeds, first make seeds into a meal using a coffee grinder or blender.)
- Once dry ingredients are well mixed, mash in oil with a fork. Mix will become crumbly.
- In a wet bowl, scramble eggs. Then add to dry bowl crumbles and mix well.
- Grease two 4-inch ramekins. (Or double the recipe an use a greased pie pan.) Divide mixture and spread evenly to the edges.
- Bake in 350º preheated oven for 15 minutes. Or microwave for 1 minute.
- Remove and cool on rack before serving! Store leftovers in the fridge.
Check out the HeyHashi.org blog to enter in the Bob’s Red Mill GIVEAWAY, this week ONLY.
The winners will be announced on 7/17 HeyHashi.org Good luck!